Health care around the globe is changing radically. The population is growing and people are getting older. Traditional infections, together with welfare diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, obesity and diabetes, are pressuring current health care systems and providers. And as a result, more people will need treatments with less available resources. We are committed to meet these challenges together with health care providers and be part of improving patients’ lives around the globe, today and in the future. That is why we empower our customers with knowledge, technology and resources needed to set up the most efficient structures for hospital and life science institutions and save lives with improved clinical results. We were founded in 1904 in the village of Getinge on the Swedish west coast. Today we have more than 10 000 employees and operations in over 40 countries.
INTERGARD SYNERGY UltraThin Grafts
The next generation antimicrobial vascular graft.
Committed to innovation
INTERGARD SYNERGY is the first vascular prosthesis combining two well-known antimicrobial agents: silver acetate and triclosan. While silver acetate and triclosan are effective antimicrobial agents alone, their power to prevent development of infection is intensified when combined and offers increased antimicrobial properties. In vitro testing of the INTERGARD SYNERGY vascular graft demonstrates antimicrobial efficacy against a broad spectrum of micro-organisms including MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) and is substantially more effective than the first-generation INTERGARD SILVER graft
The majority of vascular graft infections occur at the time of implant, or in the immediate postoperative period.
The release profile of the combined silver acetate and triclosan is designed to be most active during the initial 24 hours post implant, with continuous and substantial release for a 6 days period.
In vitro and in vivo testing have proven the effectiveness of INTERGARD SYNERGY against a broad spectrum of microorganisms including MRSA and Staph Epi, with sustained effectiveness beyond 7 days.
Flixene AV Access Graft
A unique 3 layer ePTFE graft designed for use in both vascular bypass and AV Access graft applications.
Flixene provides a durable vascular access option.
Flixene is a unique 3 layer ePTFE graft designed for use in both vascular bypass and AV Access graft applications. The 3 layer construction provides Flixene significantly improved strength and durability over previous Getinge single and double layer ePTFE grafts.
- Flixene offers a strong and durable cannulation zone engineered to meet the clinical demands for dialysis access.
- Clinical data demonstrates the ability of Flixene to be safely cannulated within 24 to 72 hours, enabling patients to begin dialysis within days rather than weeks.
- Flixene comes equipped with the Slider GDS tunneling system. Use of the Slider GDS has been associated with reduced complications (seroma and pseudoaneurysm formation) as well as reduced soft tissue trauma occurrence during the tunneling process.
- Flixene has an average outer surface porosity of 60µm, and an average inner surface porosity of 20µm.
Delivers options for the repair or reconstruction of the ascending aorta.
The innovative one piece-design collagen-coated CARDIOROOT graft delivers options for the repair or reconstruction of the ascending aorta. The unique design of CARDIOROOT mimics the anatomy and blood flow dynamics of the natural sinuses of Valsalva.
Thoughtfully designed to address the challenges of aortic root repair, the CARDIOROOT aortic graft features:
- Anatomically correct shape
- Unique uncrimped section that does not stretch
- Allows easy sewing of valve remnants, or prosthetic valve within the tube, avoiding potential bleeding and shortening the procedure
Advanta V12 Balloon Expandable Covered Stent
- Facilitates estimation of the length required for optimal placement of valve remnants or prosthetic valve to ensure optimal clinical outcomes
- Can be precisely trimmed and shaped in case of remodeling technique procedures
- Outstanding handling and suturability
- 3 reference lines acting as a guide for prosthetic valve or valve remnants anastomosis
The market leading balloon expandable covered stent encapsulated in one piece of PTFE.
PTFE Film Covering Technology
The ultra-thin covering of the Advanta V12 uses the latest developments in PTFE film covering technology. The 316L stainless steel struts are completely covered protecting both the flow lumen as well as the struts from contacting the luminal wall. The Advanta V12 is designed to expand uniformly and prevent tissue from prolapsing through the expanded stent.